Mother Knows Best: What I’ve Learned About Mommy Bloggers
Thousands of moms across the country are parking their mini-vans, putting the kids to bed, kissing their husbands goodnight, and logging into their highly professional online empires that we PR people lovingly refer to as, Mommy Blogs.
Recently, I’ve learned just how powerful these mom bloggers are.
1. These women are very professional.
2. They are taste makers. If they like it, their readers will like it too.
3. Individual pitches are key. These moms expect that you’ve read their blog. And rightfully so. Your pitch should reflect that.
4. Moms know what looks good on them. No ifs, ands or buts.
5. Giveaways are like gold. The mom bloggers want to help their readers in any way they can. This, in return, helps them. If readers are happy, blog stats go up, if blog stats go up, more PR people like me, will reach out.
6. I’m “the lady to talk to” apparently. Moms like to gossip. And word has definitely gotten out. Kinda cool that my name is coming up in momversations.
56 bloggers confirmed and 46 more to go.
Will I be able to make my goal? We’ll just have to wait and see if these moms need me, as much as I need them.
I seriously love…love.