This summer just got a bit sweeter.
After moving back to Boston 7 months ago from Colorado, I’m finally getting out on my own. I’ve found a beautiful apartment in the city and I’ll be living with one of my childhood besties. (*giddyness*). Things are really starting to come together.
The process wasn’t easy in the slightest. We searched around the city like two fish out of water, unaware of the woes of Boston apartment hunting, trying to find a place that matched our location specifications and size requirements. Plus, it had to encompass the overall look and feel of what we’ve imagined our apartment to be like since we were 13 year old girls at sleepaway camp. Not an easy feat!
But, we did it.
I love my new place for the following reasons:
- It’s huge.
- It has hardwood floors.
- It has a dishwasher and laundry. Two impossible things to find in a city apartment. Score.
- It’s located steps away from the T. (For non-Bostonians, this is our public transportation train system)
- It has bay windows.
- There’s a great Chinese restaurant around the corner. (My favorite food ever)
- There’s a grocery store right near me.
- It’s pretty.
- My room has two closets. Need I say more?
I’ll be talking all about finding decoration inspiration and putting together the final look for my first Boston apartment as I dig through the trenches of Crate & Barrel, Pinterest and Vintage stores around the area. Stick with me while I find out what creative things I can do in my new pad.